Dole’s healthy-living initiative, “A Recipe for Courage and Kindness” inspired by Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration is a super fun way to give Disney & Princess recipe lovers a chance to test drive (and then taste!) some fun, healthy, and delicious recipes. Running through September 30, 2021, Dole’s initiative features 20 healthy new recipes themed to Disney’s 12 Princesses from Snow White in 1937 to Moana in 2016. Dole is sharing with us how easy it is to gather ingredients ahead of time and then enjoy some inspirational family time and delicious Disney Princess recipes. Here’s the scoop.
Disclosure: I am an official ambassador for Dole. Dole provided me with product samples and or prize merchandise for the purpose of this post, as well as compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed are mine!
When it comes to cooking, creating them with a Disney recipe spin and I’m always on board. I’ve made my favorite Walt Disney World snack, Dole Whip, from scratch and have also created a fun Beauty and the Beast cupcake recipe of my own using inspiration from Disney Princess, Belle.
What Is Dole’s Healthy-Living Initiative Inspired by Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration?
In a nutshell, Dole’s healthy-living initiative, “A Recipe for Courage and Kindness,” inspired by Disney’s Ultimate Princess Celebration, features adorable, healthy and delicious recipes inspired by Disney Princesses. Taking cues from each Princess’ unique story and personality, the recipes are both sweet and savory and call for Dole fruits and vegetables as ingredients. While they were created by Dole to be easy for families to make, ingredients can be prepared ahead of time to make the recipe creations even simpler.
This August, I’ll be jumping online for a virtual cooking class to make three Disney Princess-inspired recipes and can’t wait to share both the experience and the results (and a fun giveaway!) with you, so stay tuned!
Until then, we can all hop online, download the free recipes, and get cooking! To help you get started, I’m sharing a couple of my favorites.
Dole recipes featuring two popular Disney Princesses Jasmine and Merida.
This tasty Dole dessert is inspired by Jasmine from Disney’s Aladdin and uses DOLE® Raspberries, Lemons, and Pineapple for a fresh, tangy kick.
Here’s the link for the Dole Magic Carpet Lemon Curd Cups Recipe Printable.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 DOLE® Lemons, juiced (about ½ cup)
- ¼ cup raw cane sugar
- 1½ tablespoons cold natural buttery spread with olive oil, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup light coconut whipped topping
- ½ cup DOLE® Raspberries
- ¼ cup finely chopped DOLE® Pineapple
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted lightly salted pistachios
- Whisk eggs and yolk in a medium bowl.
- Whisk lemon juice and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat; heat to a simmer. Temper egg mixture by transferring half the lemon mixture into the egg mixture while whisking constantly; whisk egg mixture into saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook 3 minutes or until thickened, whisking constantly. Remove lemon curd from heat; whisk in buttery spread. Strain lemon curd through fine-mesh strainer into a medium bowl; cover surface with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour. Makes about 1 cup.
- Divide lemon curd into 8 (4-ounce) decorative plastic cups; top with whipped topping, raspberries, pineapple and pistachios.
This fun, fruity recipe takes inspiration from the feisty, flamed-haired, Disney’s Princess, Merida, with its fun spin on a traditional Scottish teacake.
Here’s the link for the Dole Brave Banana Cherry Teacake Recipe printable.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour plus additional for dusting
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened dried cherries, chopped
- 2 ripe DOLE® Bananas, 1 peeled and mashed (about ½ cup), 1 peeled and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/3 cup oat milk
- 3 tablespoons natural buttery spread with olive oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- ¼ cup almond butter
- Honey for serving (optional)
- Whisk flours, baking powder and salt in a large bowl; stir in walnuts and cherries. Whisk mashed banana, milk and buttery spread in a medium bowl. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture until incorporated; transfer to lightly floured work surface and knead just until dough comes together. Divide dough into 8 pieces; roll into balls and shape into ¼-inch-thick disks.
- Heat 1½ tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 4 dough disks; cook 8 minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Repeat with remaining 1½ tablespoons oil and 4 dough disks. Makes 8 bannocks.
- Serve bannocks topped with almond butter and remaining sliced banana; drizzle with honey, if desired.
For all of the Disney Princess-inspired recipes, head over to Dole’s website for the details.