Taking photos at Walt Disney World is a must. And, when it comes to Magic Kingdom, getting solo or family photos is a fun way to memorialize your visit. Happily, there are loads of locations to choose from! From locations to characters and magic shots, here are all of the Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Photopass locations for 2020.
As a Walt Disney World Annual Passholder (AP), taking advantage of fun Photopass photos is a daily routine when I’m visiting the theme parks. For AP holders, it’s complimentary as long as you have a valid pass. But, even if you don’t have free access to photos taken using Photopass, you can still ask for them with your own device (cell phone or camera). For the photos in this post that were taken by Photopass photographers, I’m leaving them unedited so you can get a feel of what they look like.
Want the scoop on passholder benefits and if they make sense for you and your family? Here are 12 hefty perks of being a Disney World Annual Passholder for 2020.
But do keep this in mind: if you haven’t paid (or received complimentary) Memory Maker Photopass photos, you’ll still be able to access them (and share online) the photos you’ve taken for 30 days. If you use only your cell phone, you won’t have access to Magic Shots, aka, shots with special effects, music, and video.
Regarding Magic Kingdom Photopass locations for 2020, there are more than two dozen places to grab a pic! And, if you’re ambitious, there’s no limit to the amount of photos you can take in one day. Here are all of the locations for 2020 narrowed down by land.
Photopass Locations for Town Square and Main Street U.S.A. in Magic Kingdom
- In the center, especially in the morning, you’ll have a chance to meet at least one Disney Character. The characters often change, so keep an eye out for elusive ones. I’ve seen everyone from Pluto to Marie.
- Magician Mickey Mouse in Town Square Theater
- Tinker Bell in Town Square Theater at Tinkerbell’s Magical Nook
- Snow White in between City Hall and the Fire Station
Main Street U.S.A.:
In general, you can find three or four Photopass photographers along Main Street. We always look for the shortest queue, but feel free to get a photo at all locations. As they’re one of the first places when you enter the park, they tend to be very popular compliments of Cinderella Castle as the backdrop.
The area where the lands all connect together is referred to as The Hub for many. Located in front of Cinderella Castle, you can see a wheel-and-spoke style layout. Look for Photopass photographers in the following locations:
- Near the “Partners” statue
- On the bridge to Tomorrowland
- In the Plaza Gardens area near the mini statues. We’ve had Mickey balloon magic shots here recently.
Magic Kingdom Photopass Locations for 2020: Adventureland Photopass Locations
- Aladdin and Jasmine at Agrabah Bazaar near Magic Carpets of Aladdin attraction
- Captain Jack Sparrow near the exit of Pirates of the Caribbean
- Pirates of the Caribbean – right before the hill
Frontierland Photopass Locations
- Chip ‘n’ Dale – Right now, they’re back by the restrooms near Splash Mountain
Magic Kingdom Photopass Locations for 2020: Liberty Square Photopass
- Liberty Square Bridge
- Mary Poppins at Liberty Square Gazebo. Note: there is no official photographer for Mary Poppins, so make sure you have your camera or cell phone ready.
- The Haunted Mansion – beginning of ride near flashing paintings
- Liberty Bell
Fantasyland and New Fantasyland Photopass Locations
Because there are so many Photopass locations in these areas, I’m breaking it up into two sections.
Fantasyland Photopass Locations
- Alice (and many times Mad Hatter and White Rabbit) near Mad Tea Party, aka, the Teacups
- Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique – Near the rear entrance of Cinderella Castle
- Cinderella and other Disney Princesses at Cinderella’s Royal Table
- Cinderella and Princess Friends at Princess Fairytale Hall. Lately it’s been Cinderella/Elena and Tiana/Rapunzel.
- Fairy Godmother near rear of Cinderella Castle
- Fantasyland Bridge between The Hub and Fantasyland
- Merida from “Brave” at Fairytale Garden (right side facing Cinderella Castle)
- Peter Pan near Peter Magic Flight
- Pooh and Tigger near The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh attraction at Thoughtful Spot
- Tangled Bathrooms – Tangled Lantern Magic Shot
New Fantasyland Photopass Locations
- Be Our Guest Restaurant – Beast meet and greet during dinner
- Bridge Near Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Enchanted Tales with Belle – Belle
- Gaston near Gaston’s Tavern
- Ariel at Ariel’s Grotto Meet and Greet
- Pete’s Silly Sideshow: Two separate queues for Minnie Mouse/Daisy Duck and Goofy/Donald Duck
Tomorrowland Photopass Locations
- Buzz Lightyear near Space Ranger Spin
- Ob Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
- Purple Wall – It’s not everyday, but I have seen Photopass photogs here
- Stitch at meet Stitch
- Tomorrowland Bridge – often several Photopass photographers here
If you need a refresh on all of the perks of Memory Maker, here’s the link to the Memory Maker official website.