While theme park fans have been chomping at the proverbial bit for details about Universal Epic Universe, Universal Orlando Resort’s third major theme park, this morning we received huge news: all five lands have officially been announced! Here are all the details we know so far about the major theme park and why we never knew we needed one like this.
Universal Epic Universe Opening Date
Right now, the only official word is sometime in 2025. I’m certain that once we get closer to the park’s finish, a general date will be announced, followed by an actual day. As in the past, Universal Passholder previews are likely to take place a few days ahead of time – fingers crossed.
Universal Epic Universe Location
Different from Universal Orlando Studios, Islands of Adventure, and its waterpark, Volcano Bay, Epic Universe will be across I-4, the major interstate that traverses through Orlando and Lake Buena Vista and heads southwest toward the Tampa Bay area.
The official address is: 4700 E Sandlake Road, Orlando, FL.
Epic Universe Map
An artist rendering map was released, showcasing the five lands and portals. Compared to the two current Universal Orlando Resort theme parks where you’re walking in a loop, I really enjoy this style much better.
Universal Epic Universe Lands
Five “astonishing” lands have officially been announced. Using a hub and spoke design, we’ll have to walk out of one area to visit another.
Celestial Park – The hub of Epic Universe, Celestial Park will have a roller coaster, dining options, entertainment, and shopping. Considered “the cosmic heart” of the park, the four additional areas are accessed via themed tunnels. Here’s what has been announced:
- Starfall Racers – A dual-launch racing coaster that hurls guests across the universe. It will send guests rocketing through the skies aboard comets in a race to see who’s the fastest of them all. Reaching speeds up to 62 mph and heights up to 133 feet along 5,000 feet of track, it will have unique maneuvers such as the “Celestial Spin,” in which the two coaster vehicles perform an inverted crisscross while speeding through the air – creating an “out-of-this-world” adrenaline rush.
- Constellation Carousel – Animal-themed constellations come to life on this cosmic ride. Guests will be able to even make 360-degree rotations – through the milky way in a choreographed dance of music and starlight.
- Atlantic – Theme park fine dining with a surf and turf theme.
- Nintendo Super Star Store – All the SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™ merch.
- Astronomica – An interactive wet-play area that also doubles as a giant compass rose to the many wonders of Epic Universe, featuring crystal blue fountains that spring to life and dance around guests;
- The Blue Dragon – A Pan-Asian restaurant, it’s here you’ll find authentic Asian cuisine including Japanese, Chinese, and Thai.
The official word from Universal Parks: With acres of rolling gardens, chasing waterways and strolling pathways, Celestial Park puts the “park” back in “theme park.” As soon as guests enter the imaginative world, they’ll embark on a journey of discovery, thrills and excitement as they wander through lush living gardens nestled along shimmering waters surrounded by stunning architecture inspired by astronomical and mythological elements. Here, guests can relax while taking in the sights and sounds around them, board a shooting comet for an exhilarating roller coaster adventure, dine on delectable cuisine, shop exclusive merchandise to commemorate their visit and more.
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ – Ministry of Magic™ – No official themes or shops have been mentioned yet, but we do know the general theme for the land: explore wizarding communities and the magic that connects them from 1920s Paris to the 1990s British Ministry of Magic.
SUPER NINTENDO WORLD™ – Featuring rides with Mario Kart™ and Donkey Kong Country™, this land is certain to be a huge hit for fans of the games.
How to Train Your Dragon – Isle of Berk – A colorful Viking village at the heart of Berk, this land has us taking part in boat battles and eating Viking cuisine.
Dark Universe – A land of “myth and mystery,” this is the land I’m looking forward to the most. Featuring Universal classic monsters, highlights include Dr. Victoria Frankenstein and roaming monsters.
Universal Epic Universe Hotels
With the opening of Epic Universe, three new hotels and resorts were announced:
Universal Helios Grand Hotel – The shining star in the Epic Universe lodging, Helios Grand Hotel and its 500 rooms will be the first of its kind for Universal Orlando as it will overlook the theme park. Offering a dedicated and exclusive entrance to the third theme park, it promises to be full service and luxurious.
Continuing with the celestial theme are two additional resorts that will be adjacent to Universal Epic Universe:
Universal Stella Nova Resort – Tranquil accommodations with an inspiration of distant galaxies is the focus of this new resort slated to open January 2025.
Universal Luna Terra Resort – Inspired by the massive and diverse planetary elements of the universe.