Looking for a healthy alternative to traditional Halloween treats? This Hallo-Wicked Witch Smoothie uses fresh fruit and juice and is easy to prepare making it our top choice for a healthy Halloween snack. Here’s everything you need to make your own.
Disclosure: DOLE provided me with compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed are mine as is the recipe! #DoleHealthyHalloween
I’m not going to lie, there’s something magical about sticking my head into a bag of Halloween candy after trick-or-treating. I love the scents of chocolate and red licorice and, at this point, I’m happy to just sniff. These days, eating healthy is more important than ever. Dole’s Healthy Halloween initiative is bringing you Halloween snacks and meals that are healthy and delish.
So, when asked to create my own Halloween recipe using Dole fruits, I jumped at the chance. Halloween is, by far, my favorite holiday and creating this Hallo-wicked Witch smoothie was a treat, no pun intended. Here’s everything you need to make your own Halloween smoothies with a spooky kick.
Want a cute recipe for a kid-friendly Halloween drink? Check out this Sparkling Ghoul Drink recipe. (link to post #1 added)
Hallo-Wicked Witch Smoothie Ingredients
This list of ingredients makes four servings
From the store:
- 3 DOLE® Bananas – peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 3 peaches – peeled, diced, and frozen
- 2 big handfuls of DOLE® Spinach – washed and dried well
- 1 1/2 Cups of DOLE® Pineapple – peeled, cubed, and frozen
- 1 Cup apple juice – not from concentrate and chilled
You’ll also need:
- A blender or food processor
- Clear drinking glasses
- Optional – witch hat picks – for decorating
- Permanent marker – for witch face
Hallo-Wicked Witch Smoothie Directions
- Freeze the prepared fruit the night before or at least 4 hours.
- Add DOLE® Spinach, Bananas, Pineapple, and peaches into a blender and blend until smooth. Add in apple juice, starting with a ½ cup until desired consistency. Personally, I like my smoothies on the thick side so I add in 1/4 cup at a time until it’s right for me.
- With a permanent marker, draw a witch face onto one side of each glass. Add in the green smoothie and top with a witch hat pick. Again, the pick is totally optional but it does look adorable.
And that’s it! Not only are these Hallo-Wicked Witch Smoothies adorable, they’re a healthy alternative to prepared candy and a healthy Halloween snack.