Looking for a healthy alternative to traditional Halloween treats? This Hallo-Wicked Witch Halloween Smoothie uses fresh fruit and juice and is easy to prepare making it our top choice for a Halloween healthy snack. Here’s everything you need to make your own.
Disclosure: DOLE provided me with compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed are mine as is the recipe! #DoleHealthyHalloween
I’m not going to lie, there’s something magical about sticking my head into a bag of Halloween candy after trick-or-treating. I love the scents of chocolate and red licorice and, at this point, I’m happy to just sniff. But reminiscing about those days when Halloween candy in a large sack was the only thing I needed still gives me the warm fuzzies. I’d sort it according to candy type, whether it was chocolate or not, and put the non-candy items to the side.
These days, eating healthy Halloween snacks is more important than ever. Having written that, Dole’s Healthy Halloween initiative is bringing you Halloween snacks and meals that are healthy and delish which is ideal for moms like we are that want super easy, super adorable, Halloween healthy snacks.
So, when asked to create my own Halloween recipe using Dole fruits, I jumped at the chance. Halloween is, by far, my favorite holiday and creating this Hallo-wicked Witch smoothie was a treat, no pun intended. I used Dole fresh fruit, apple juice, and some healthy spinach for the perfect texture. And with freezing the fruit ahead of time, you don’t need ice so it won’t taste watered down.
Here’s everything you need to make your own Halloween smoothies with a spooky kick.
Want a cute recipe for a kid-friendly Halloween drink? Check out this Sparkling Ghoul Drink recipe.
Hallo-Wicked Witch Halloween Smoothie Ingredients
This list of ingredients makes four servings
From the store:
- 3 DOLE® Bananas – peeled, sliced, and frozen. As for the ripeness, I prefer super ripe bananas, but you can feel free to choose the ones you like best.
- 3 peaches – peeled, diced, and frozen
- 2 big handfuls of DOLE® Spinach – washed and dried well. If you have a salad spinner, it works really well to dry the leaves. If not, use a clean dish towel and gently dry them.
- 1 1/2 Cups of DOLE® Pineapple – peeled, cubed, and frozen
- 1 Cup apple juice – not from concentrate and chilled
You’ll also need:
- A blender or food processor
- Clear drinking glasses
- Optional – witch hat picks – for decorating
- Permanent marker – for witch face
Hallo-Wicked Witch Halloween Smoothie Directions
- Freeze the prepared fruit the night before or at least 4 hours. Honestly, I find that four hours is plenty of time, but if you’re going to be in a rush, or want to make it first thing in the morning, pop the fruit in the freezer the night before.
- Add DOLE® Spinach, Bananas, Pineapple, and peaches into a blender and blend until smooth. Add in apple juice, starting with a ½ cup until desired consistency. Personally, I like my smoothies on the thick side so I add in 1/4 cup at a time until it’s right for me.
- With a permanent marker, draw a witch face onto one side of each glass. Add in the green smoothie and top with a witch hat pick. Again, the pick is totally optional but it does look adorable. If you don’t want to use permanent marker, you could always tape on a funky witch face to the glasses. Or, simply let the kiddos use their imagination and leave the glass blank.
And that’s it! Not only are these Hallo-Wicked Witch Halloween Smoothies adorable, they’re a healthy alternative to prepared candy and a healthy Halloween snack.