When it comes to Walt Disney World, I always look on the bright side, especially this year. Sure, Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party dates have been canceled, but that doesn’t mean you still can’t celebrate! From food to cavalcades to costumes (big changes!), here’s what you need to know about Disney Halloween 2020 at Magic Kingdom!
Halloween is my favorite season. Yep, you read that right: it’s not just a one-day holiday for my family – we start celebrating in late August. So the announcement from Walt Disney World today regarding Magic Kingdom’s Halloween came at the perfect time. Here’s what you need to know about celebrating Halloween at Disney World this year.
Disney Halloween 2020 Dates
Magic Kingdom will be celebrating Halloween from September 15-October 31. That’s a month and a half to get our fun on.
Disney Halloween 2020: Costumes at Magic Kingdom
not only will there be characters in Halloween costumes (Chip ‘n’ Dale in Frontierland has been confirmed), we’ll be looking for characters in their favorite Halloween costumes riding the horse-drawn trolley along Main Street U.S.A.
As for guests, in the past we’ve only been able to dress up during a Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. But this year, THIS YEAR, the policy has changed. Sure, we still need to wear approved face masks in addition to our costumes, so start thinking about what you want to wear:
“For the first time guests of all ages can wear your funniest, Disney-ist, most creative costumes during Magic Kingdom Park regular operating hours from Sept. 15 to Oct. 31.
As an important reminder, costume masks are not permitted for adults; only children younger than 14 years old are permitted to wear costume masks. In addition, all guests are required to wear approved face coverings during their visit. Before you arrive, check our Know Before You Go page and Costume Guidelines.”
Disney Halloween 2020: Magic Kingdom Character Cavalcade
Yep! One, for sure, has been confirmed: a Halloween-themed cavalcade with Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and pals wearing their favorite Halloween costumes.
Just announced on September 10, 2020: Disney Villains Cavalcade – Gaston, Maleficent, Queen of Hearts, and Jafar may be on the float. Additionally, a procession featuring Jack Skellington will be rolling down Main Street.
Also announced, Dapper Dans will return beginning September 20th as The Cadaver Dans.
Halloween Treats at Magic Kingdom for 2020
Here’s a list of the tasty treats and where to find them for 2020:
- Mickey Cinnamon Roll (Available at Main Street Bakery) – Mickey-shaped cinnamon roll drizzled with orange and white icing
- Cinnamon Donuts (Available at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café) – Served in a Hitchhiking Ghost Novelty container
- Hades Nachos (Available at Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café) – Black bean nacho chips with “fiery” buffalo chicken, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, and jalapeño
- Constance’s For Better or For Worse Wedding Cake (Available at Liberty Square Market) – Citrus cake with raspberry Bavarian cream, whipped cream flowers, and a chocolate axe
- Pumpkin Spiced Waffle Sundae (Available at Sleepy Hollow) –Pumpkin spice-flavored waffled topped with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and sprinkles
- Poor Unfortunate Souls Float (Available at Storybook Treats) – Cream cheese soft-serve, black raspberry syrup, and Coke
- Pumpkin Spice Milkshake (Available at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies) – Topped with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, sprinkles, and a Mickey-shaped marshmallow straw
- Pumpkin Spice Soft-Serve Sundae (Available at Auntie Gravity’s Galactic Goodies) – Served as a sundae topped with whipped cream, caramel, and sprinkles
- Mickey Monster Mash Burger (Available at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café) – Burger with Meunster cheese, potato barrels, bacon, and sriracha aïoli
- Headless Horseman Rides Again (Available at Sunshine Tree Terrace) – Strawberry DOLE® Whip with Fanta Strawberry and a Headless Horseman Novelty Straw
- Not So Poison Apple Cupcake (Available at Pinocchio Village House) – A spiced apple cupcake with pecan crunch buttercream themed after a poison apple
- Orange and Black Sugar Churros (Available at Various Churro Carts and Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn & Café)
- Oogie Boogie Dice Novelty Glow Cubes (Available at Various Quick-Service Restaurants)
Popcorn Buckets and Sippers
- Jack Skellington Sipper (Available at Various Quick-Service Restaurants and Outdoor Vending Locations)
- Oogie Boogie Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Various Popcorn Carts)
- Mickey Pumpkin Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Various Popcorn Carts)
- Halloween Base Popcorn Bucket (Available at Various Popcorn Carts)
- Hitchhiking Ghost Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Liberty Square Popcorn Cart)
- Hitchhiking Ghost Sipper (Available at Various Quick-Service Restaurants)
- Madame Leota Sipper (Available at Sleepy Hollow)
From food to character cavalcades to important costume guideline changes, here’s everything you need to know about Disney Halloween 2020! #Disney #DisneyHalloween #DisneyHalloween2020 #WDW #HalloweenEvents ” width=”600″ height=”900″>
In addition, you’ll find Halloween treats at these theme park locations:
EPCOT Halloween 2020 Treats
- Halloween Cupcake (Available on Halloween Day Only at Sunshine Seasons) – Choice of vanilla or chocolate cupcake with buttercream and a Mickey Pumpkin garnish
- Nemo & Squirt’s Noggin Concoction (Available on Halloween Day Only at Coral Reef Restaurant) – Chocolate brownie stuffed with a chocolate chip cookie topped with white chocolate-covered pretzels and a Mickey Pumpkin Garnish
- Halloween Sugar Cookie (Available on Halloween Day Only at Traveler’s Café and Garden Grill) – Sugar cookie topped with Halloween Sprinkles
- Liquid Nitro Cake Pop (Available on Halloween Day Only at Desserts & Champagne Marketplace in World Showplace for EPCOT Taste of International Food & Wine Festival) – Liquid nitro chocolate cake pop with Halloween sprinkles
- Oogie Boogie Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available Canada Popcorn Cart and Fife & Drum)
- Green Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Eats at EPCOT Experience and Mission Space Popcorn Cart)
- Halloween Base Popcorn Bucket (Available at all EPCOT Popcorn Locations)
- Tire Pumpkin Novelty Straw (Available at Sunshine Seasons and Regal Eagle Smokehouse: Craft Drafts & Barbecue)
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Halloween 2020 Treats
- Scar Cupcake (Available at Creature Comforts, Flame Tree Barbecue, and Restaurantosaurus) – Red velvet cupcake with toasted marshmallow filling, chocolate marshmallow frosting, chocolate pebbles, white chocolate flames, and an edible icing image
- Spooky Apple Punch Specialty Beverage (Non-Alcoholic) (Available at Flame Tree Barbecue and Isle of Java) – Sprite with Monin Apple Syrup poured over ice, garnished with a rocky candy apple straw, a gummy worm, a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube, and a sugar lime rim
- Rotten Apple Punch Specialty Beverage (Alcoholic) (Available Flame Tree Barbecue) – Angry Orchard and Fireball Cinnamon Whisky over ice, garnished with a rocky candy apple straw, a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube, and gummy worms
- Tire Pumpkin Novelty Straw (Available at Tamu Tamu, Trek Snacks, Restaurantosaurus, TriloBites, and Outdoor Vending Ice Cream Carts)
- Purple Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Trek Snacks)
- Halloween Base Popcorn Bucket (Available at Trek Snacks)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios Halloween 2020 Snacks & Treats
- Poison Candied Apple (Available at Trolley Car Café) – Apple and caramel mousse covered in red glaze with a crunchy candy base
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Cannoli (Available at PizzeRizzo) Pumpkin cheesecake mixed with a hazelnut praline crunch in a cannoli shell
- Box of Bones Chocolate Éclair (Available at Backlot Express) – Chocolate éclair with dark chocolate mousse and white chocolate bones
- Pumpkin Tiramisu (Available at Rosie’s All-American Café) – Layers of cream mascarpone and spiced pumpkin cake
- Frozen Apple Cider (Non-Alcoholic) (Available at Rosie’s All-American Café, Backlot Express, and PizzeRizzo) – Served with a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube
- Frozen Apple Cider with Crown Royal Regal Apple (Alcoholic) (Available at Rosie’s All-American Café, Backlot Express, and PizzeRizzo) – Served with a Novelty Poison Apple Glow Cube
- Orange Cauldron Premium Popcorn Bucket (Available at Anahiem Produce, Hollywood Popcorn, and Animation Popcorn)
- Tire Pumpkin Novelty Straw (Available at Rosie’s All-American Café, Backlot Express, PizzeRizzo, and Anaheim Produce)
Disney Halloween 2020 Merchandise
Halloween-themed merch will be available in select locations around Magic Kingdom. Items will include a new spirit jersey, Loungefly backpack and candy-swirl Minnie Mouse headband, along with a selection of apparel inspired by Disney Villains and more.
As for Disney pins, no word yet. Honestly, I can’t imagine WDW not having them, so I’m keeping an eye out.
Disney Halloween 2020 PhotoPass
Photographers will be available throughout the park for themed photo opps. Keep in mind that photographers will scan your MagicBand or Photopass card. At this time, they cannot use your phone or camera to take photos due to safety restrictions.
Halloween Dining at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Starting September 25th, Minnie’s Halloween Dine is set to return to Hollywood & Vine.
A monster feast (AKA, all you car to enjoy meal) will be hosted by Minnie Mouse dressed as a happy witch. Goofy will be there as a spooky cowboy, Mickey Mouse as a funny vampire, and his best pal, Pluto, will be wearing a cute Halloween collar.