Tricks and Treats Fall Fest at Cedar Point is a brand new way to celebrate Halloween. And, while we’re already missing HalloWeekends, I’m pretty excited to see what the Roller coaster capital of the world has in store for kids and adults. So, here’s what we know about Cedar Point Tricks and Treats Fall Fest so far and what you can expect when you visit.
I reuse to let Halloween be canceled this year. I mean, we’ve already seen the cancellation of Halloween events at theme parks (hello, Walt Disney World!) and I was dreading news from Cedar Point about its Halloween season. Sure, HalloWeekends is on hold for this year, but instead of canceling it, Cedar Point announced a brand new event: Tricks and Treats Fall Fest. Its sister park, King’s Island, is hosting the same event in Cincinnati and I’m curious as to exactly how similar it will be.
And last week, Molly and I hit the park to see what’s new and found gorgeous touches of autumn.
Okay, all of that aside, let’s get into the details of Tricks and Treats Fall Fest. It definitely looks like it’s geared toward children but, hey, I’m down for channeling my inner 7-year old.
Cedar Point Tricks and Treats Fall Fest Dates & Times
Cedar Point has already begun its weekend-only openings Friday through Sundays and its Fall Fest will dock a day. Opened on Saturdays and Sundays only, here are the dates for 2020:
- September 12-13, 19-20, & 26-27
- October 3-4, 10-11, 17-18, 24-25, & 31
- November 1
For Tricks and Treats Fall Fest, the park will be opened from 12pm-8pm on scheduled weekends.
Cedar Point Tricks and Treats Fall Fest Food
Right now, not a ton of information is available but we do have a couple of details:
- JellyBelly® BeanBoozled® Taste-Off – Remember Bertie Botts Every Flavour Bean from Harry Potter? This will be a test-you-luck type of taste test
- Tricks and Treats Fall Fest Tasting Card – Halloween Treats or Trick foods that look scary but are actually delicious. There will be 12 Trick food items and 12 Treat food items to choose from. Looking at the Tasting Card food descriptions, the Tricks are variations of the Treats.
- A park ticket with a 3-tasting option card is $57. If you want just the Tasting Card, for $30 you can get a six-item Tasting Card.
- Also just announced will be Brews & Booze specialty cocktails. On the menu are six cocktails and 11 craft brews to choose from.
Can I Wear a Costume to Cedar Point Fall Fest?
Everyone can wear a costume to Cedar Point this year – woot!
As for trick-or-treating, there will be designated locations throughout the park. Kids will receive “individually packaged tasty treats with perhaps some fun tricks thrown in.” Not sure what the tricks are, but as soon as I know, I’ll add it.
Tricks and Treats Fall Fest Activities
In addition to rides there will be fall-themed games, game shows, mazes, and crafts for everyone in the family. Plus, your favorite rides will be open to deliver the thrills and chills found only at Cedar Point. Rides open haven’t been listed as yet, so I’ll update when they are.
Also just announced: fall-themed games where everyone wins, family and adults-only game shows, dance parties, corn and hay mazes, a QR quest, a challenge course, pint-sized tractor rides, super-cute crafts and much more.