Disney Springs at Walt Disney World has a fun, affordable restaurant: Chicken Guy! Not only is it a fresh take on a classic menu, but the food is absolutely delicious. Is Chicken Guy! Disney Springs the best Quick Service Restaurant? Here’s the scoop.
Disclosure: I was hosted by the fine folks at Chicken Guy! to give you the scoop on why it’s worth a visit. All opinions (and photos) are my own!
If you’ve ever read one of my restaurant reviews (thank you!), you know I’m all about chicken dishes. Truthfully, poultry is about the only meat that I eat at this point, so I’ve become a connoisseur, if you will. Until recently, Earl of Sandwich was my go-to Quick Service restaurant at Disney Springs (its Holiday Turkey is the business). But, after a recent visit to Chicken Guy! at Disney Springs, it really got me thinking if it was my new favorite Quick Service restaurants.
In a word: yep.
Let’s proverbially dig in to why.
What Makes Chicken Guy! Different
In a nutshell, it’s right on the wall when you’re in the indoor dining area. Its “chicken tenders are all natural, never frozen, antibiotic-free, hand-pounded, and fresh everyday”. Does that make a difference? You bet. In regards to texture alone, I could tell from the get-go that they have a softer feel with no need for a knife.
What else? All of the Chicken Guy! sauces are made from scratch. Its cheese sauce is made from scratch. See where I’m going here?
As for the Chicken Guy! locations, Disney Springs is its flagship location. There’s both indoor and outdoor seating and its store recently closed to make room for more tables. If you’d like a little backstory, Guy Fieri partnered with Robert Earl (founder and CEO of Planet Hollywood) to create Chicken Guy!
Speaking of Disney Springs, here’s a list of the best free things to do at Disney Springs.
Chicken Guy! Sauces
Sometimes too many sauces can be overwhelming because I have a hard time narrowing down which one I’d like to try. In the case of test-driving Chicken Guy!, all 22 sauces were brought out for us. Guy Fieri has a few favorites and then there are The Classics and Hot ‘N’ Spicy.
1. Special Sauce – Mayo + Ketchup + Mustard + Pickle Juice + Chicken Guy! Special Spices & Seasonings
2. Donkey Sauce – Mayo + Roasted Garlic + Mustard + Worcestershire + Lemon
4. Ranchero – Roasted Tomato + Bell Peppers + Chilies + Cumin + Garlic + Onion + Cilantro
5. Curry Mayo – Coriander + Cumin + Turmeric + Chili Powder + Garlic + Lime + Mayo
6. Wasabi Honey – Wasabi + Honey + Lime
7. Cumin Lime Mojo – Cumin + Lime + Cilantro + Roasted Garlic
15. Garlic Parmesan – Mayo + Roasted Garlic + Parmesan + Parsley + Black Pepper
17. Avocado Crema – Avocado + Sour Cream + Cilantro + Lime
8. Bourbon Brown Sugar BBQ – Kentucky Bourbon + Brown Sugar + Molasses + Apple Cider Vinegar
9. Buffalo – Red Chilies + Jalapeño + Garlic + Onion + Paprika + Vinegar
10. Bleu Cheese – Crumbled Bleu Cheese + Mayo + Lemon + Sour Cream
11. Buttermilk Ranch – Buttermilk + Mayo + Dill + Chives + Garlic + Onion
12. Lemon Pepper – Mayo + Lemon + Honey + Black Pepper
13. Honey Mustard – Yellow Mustard + Mayo + Honey + Lemon
14. Teriyaki – Soy Sauce + Brown Sugar + Sesame + Garlic
16. Sweet ‘N’ Sour – Orange + Pineapple + Honey + Vinegar
Hot ‘N’ Spicy
3. Chipotle Ranch – Chipotle Peppers + Smoked Paprika + Buttermilk Ranch
18. Nashville Hot Honey – Honey + Red Chilies + Cayenne + Garlic + Onion
19. Peri Peri – Roasted Red Bell Peppers + Chilies + Garlic + Onion + Paprika + Oregano + Lemon
20. Habanero Hot Sauce – Fresh Habanero + Vinegar + Onion + Garlic
21. Spicy Mayo – Roasted Red Chilies + Cayenne + Chipotle Peppers + Honey + Mayo
22. Sweet Sriracha BBQ – Roasted Red Chili Puree + Tomato + Onion + Molasses + Brown Sugar
As for sauce standouts for me, I have to go with Special Sauce, Cumin Lime Mojo, and Brown Sugar BBQ. If you like some heat, Peri Peri is a good one.
Chicken Guy! Disney Springs Menu Standouts
So, let’s talk about the menu. There aren’t a ton of items (which I don’t hate), but the ones they do offer are very good. VERY good. We tried two Signature Sandwiches: Bourbon Brown Sugar BBQ and Big Bite B.L.A.T.
Bourbon Brown Sugar BBQ – Delicious with not too much sauce. I thought adding BBQ kettle chips and slaw on top was a fun take. It reminded me of a BBQ version of a Primanti Bros. sandwich in Pittsburgh.
Big Bite B.L.A.T. – A BLT with Avocado Crema and Buttermilk Ranch sauces. The bacon was cooked to perfection – crispy.
If I had to choose one over the other, I’d pick the Bourbon Brown Sugar BBQ. I really enjoyed the texture and flavor combination.
When it comes to sides, I’d choose Loaded Fries and Mac Daddy Mac ‘N’ Cheese. If I had to choose one over the other? The mac and cheese.
Chicken Guy! Disney Springs Location
As it’s a Robert Earl restaurant, it makes perfect sense that’s it’s next door to Planet Hollywood. If you need its whereabouts at Disney Springs, it’s in Town Center. And if you need a landmark, look for the hot air balloon ride, Characters in Flight – it’s very close to it.
Chicken Guy! Disney Springs Dining Plan
Chicken Guy! is a Quick Service restaurant. So, if you’re on the Disney Dining Plan, you’re able to eat there with no problem. Prices are very affordable as theme park pricing goes, so I wouldn’t use a Table Service credit on it.
With each Quick Service Order, you’ll receive:
- One entree
- One Nonalcoholic Beverage (or one alcoholic beverage for guests 21 and older)
Chicken Guy! at Disney Springs does offer beer and wine. Just sayin’.
Speaking of beverages at Chicken Guy!, it has two milkshakes definitely worthy of trying:
Triple Double Mint – Mint chocolate soft serve, chocolate cookies, chocolate mints, chocolate syrup, and whipped cream
Apple Cinnamon Cereal – Vanilla soft serve, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Apple Jacks cereals, and fresh whipped cream.
The standout for me was Apple Cinnamon Cereal. Again, I’m all about texture, and it was perfect. My teen daughter loves mint, though, and likes Triple Double Mint best.
Chicken Guy! Disney Springs Hours
The hours are pretty easy to remember:
- Sunday – Thursday 11am – 11pm
- Friday and Saturday 11am – midnight
Of course, the opening and closing times are subject to change, so double check before you go just to make sure.