This year, more than ever, Walt Disney World is expecting to amp up the Halloween fun at Magic Kingdom, especially for 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Why is it even bigger and better than ever? Here’s the scoop.
Sand and Snow uses affiliate links to give to great deals and savings for products we endorse and support. Yes, we also may receive a small commission, too.
2108 MICKEY’S NOT-SO-SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY DATES
Halloween Party Dates begin in August 2018 – wow! Prices have increased across the board by a couple of dollars, but the most significant increase is for Halloween night: a $10 jump to $125 per adult. This year, you can save up to $8 vs. the adult gate price on Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Tickets through Undercover Tourist.
New for 2018: Save $10 on your tickets compared to the day-of purchase price when you buy at least a day in advance (except for October 31st)! Day-of prices start at $85 per adult and $80 per child (ages 3-9), plus tax. Party dates are the following:
- August 17, 24, 28, 31
- September 3, 7, 9, 11, 14, 16, 18, 21, 23, 25, 28, 30
- October 2, 4, 5, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 16, 18, 19, 21, 23, 25, 26, 28, 30, 31
Tax isn’t included in the ticket price, either. Child tickets are for ages 3-9 (kids under three get in free!). If you’re an Annual Paassholder, ticket prices, depending on dates, start at $70/$65.
2018 MICKEY’S NOT-SO-SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY ENTERTAINMENT
Plenty of our favorites are coming back in 2018, happily. Mickey’s Boo-to-You Halloween Parade, Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular, and Happy HalloWishes fireworks always draw massive crowds and, except for Happy HalloWishes, there’s multiple showings. If you’re not a fan of large crowds, the second offering generally has way less viewers.
You’ll also be able to watch The Cadaver Dans (a spin on Dapper Dans). Head to Frontierland to catch their live (or should we write “dead”) show several times throughout the party.
COSTUMING FOR MICKEY’S NOT-SO-SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY: THE RULES
Disney has instilled the following policy regarding Halloween costumes for the event per the official WDW website:
Attire that is not appropriate for the parks—and which may result in refusal of admittance—includes but is not limited to:
- Costumes may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older; however, some costumes may be permitted during select special events, such as Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and Star Wars: Galactic Nights (special event costume guidelines apply)
- Masks may not be worn by Guests 14 years of age or older (unless they are for medical purposes); however, some masks may be permitted during select special events, such as Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and Star Wars: Galactic Nights (special event costume guidelines apply)
- Clothing with objectionable material, including obscene language or graphics
- Excessively torn clothing
- Clothing which, by nature, exposes excessive portions of the skin that may be viewed as inappropriate for a family environment
- Clothing with multiple layers are subject to search upon entry
- Objectionable tattoos
DRESS CODE FOR GUESTS AGES 13 AND UNDER:
- Costumes and some masks may be worn, as long as the mask does not cover the entire face and eyes are visible.
DRESS CODE FOR GUESTS AGES 14 AND OLDER:
- Layered costumes or costume props that surround the entire body are strongly discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
- Costumes may not reach or drag on the ground. (e.g. full-length Princess dresses)
- Capes may be worn if the length does not go below the waist.
- Themed T-shirts, blouses, sweatshirts, and hats are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include: transparent wings, plastic light sabers, toy swords, and tutus. Head wear may be worn as long as it does not cover the face.
- May not wear masks of any kind.
WHICH RIDES & ATTRACTIONS ARE OPEN FOR MICKEY’S NOT-SO-SCARY HALLOWEEN PARTY?
Main Street, U.S.A.
- Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Swiss Family Treehouse
- A Pirate’s Adventure ~ Treasures of the Seven Seas
- Country Bear Jamboree
- Splash Mountain
- Haunted Mansion
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel
- “It’s a small world”
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mad Tea Party
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of The Little Mermaid
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- The Barnstormer
- Astro Orbiter
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Space Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
While the ride queues are very manageable, if you want to hop on and off rides, head to them during HallowWishes or “Boo to You!” Halloween Parade. You’ll miss the fun of each, but won’t have much of a wait.
More Disney world Halloween Info!