Have you visited Fort Wayne, Indiana? True, it’s full of family-friendly spots any time of year, but add autumn into its mix and it’s the recipe for fun! Looking for some Midwest autumn fun? From zombie invasions to zoo boos, here’s four fall events in Fort Wayne you’ll want to check out.
I can never resist a good pun, so “falling” for Fort Wayne, Indiana is fun on so many levels. I had the pleasure of visiting the city this year and fell in love with its cool, family-friendly vibe and foodie scene. Mix that fun with my favorite time of year, autumn, and I’m twice as happy.
1. Middle Waves Music Festival
- Where: Headwaters Park
- Dates: September 15, 2017 – September 16, 2017
- Address: 333 S.Clinton St. Fort Wayne, IN 46802
- Times: 5:00 PM to 11:00 PM
- Admission: General Admission 2 Day Ticket $65 VIP Weekend Pass- $125 (both are subject to taxes and fees) Children 10 and under are admitted FREE if accompanied by an adult.
An all-ages event, the two-day festival features 24 musical performances. Also, featuring local food trucks and artists, Middle Waves ticket holders will receive a wristband to enter the gated St. Marys Stage. The rest of the festival (including the Maumee and St. Joseph Stages) will be free and open to the public.
2. Wild Zoo Halloween
- Dates for 2017: October 13-15, October 20-22, October 27-29
- Time: 12pm-6pm
- Address: 3411 Sherman Blvd Fort Wayne, IN 46808
- Times: 12:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Admission: $5 General Admission; $9/admission+treats; $4/Babies receiving treats, Zoo members get $2 off per person every day.
Dress up the kiddos and let them have some safe fun – zoo style! There will be trick-or-treating, a maze. and pumpkin picking in the patch. One of its highlights, Broomhilda the Witch, will be on site to give the kiddos a giggle.
3. Johnny Appleseed Festival
- Where: Johnny Appleseed Park & Municipal Campground
- Dates: September 16, 2017 – September 17, 2017
- Address: 1500 East Coliseum Boulevard Fort Wayne, IN 46805
John Chapman, aka Johnny Appleseed, is celebrated all over the country, but Fort Wayne’s tribute to the man responsible for planting apple trees has been voted #1 in the country! Not only will you find Johnny Appleseed everything, the free event features food, demos, antiques, crafts, and a farmer’s market. There’s also a military reenactment and roving entertainment.
4. Fright Night
- Where: Downtown Fort Wayne
- Dates: October 21, 2017
- Address: Downtown Fort Wayne, IN, IN 46802
- Times: 10:00 AM to 11:00 PM
- Phone: 260-420-3266
In its 10th year of spooky fun, the annual Halloween event features low cost and no cost entertainment. The highlight is the Zombie Walk where folks transform into zombies for the day (and night!). Don’t be afraid if you have kids: the event is family-friendly.
Thanks to the gang at Visit Fort Wayne for the scoop (and photos!) on its fall fun for 2017!