Beer and barbecue? Both of those words are the essence of summer, are they? You’re right; some folks do barbecue in the winter (I know we do!), but think of that perfect image of summer in your head. Mine involves sitting on the front porch, The Kid either on her tree swing or painting a picture of something that’s caught her eye, and Mr. Locke standing beside our grill with a spatula in one hand and a beer in his other, smile on his face, and all the world is right, if even for a few moments.
Traveling so much lately, we truly appreciate good food and drink. He loves craft beer and we both love good barbecue. I can attest that a good sauce can make or break a meal. I love sweet and tangy barbecue sauce (some folks prefer a dry rub and that’s all good. I’m not that kind of gal, but Mr. Locke loves it.), you know when it gets a hint of charcoal and smoke? Yep, we like traditional, old-school barbecue grills, too.
So let’s talk gift baskets for a sec. I’m sure you have beer and barbecue lovers in your life, too. Maybe they live thousands of miles away or only a few steps away. Instead of sending flowers for special occasions, wouldn’t a food or drink basket be super thoughtful instead? I’ve partnered with GourmetGiftBaskets.com to give you the scoop on their fun gift baskets and high quality products that they ship very securely (you should see the way the baskets are shipped with shrink wrap so everything inside stays put, an adorable raffia bow, and then surrounded by high-density foam. No worries about breaking glass or products!). The company does offer plenty of other gift basket choices, but I’m focusing on the beer and barbecue versions. Keep reading for a chance to win a Barbecue Boss- BBQ Gift Basket!
Disclosure: I was given complimentary products for the purpose of this article. All opinions are my own!
Barbecue Boss- BBQ Gift Basket
Not only is the basket itself super cute (hey, I’m a girlie girl. I love attention to detail and I could totally see this one sitting on my kitchen counter after the products are used!), but the product list is impressive:
• Sriracha Teriyaki Sauce by Stonewall Kitchen – 11 oz. – A spicy dipping sauce made from sun-ripened chilis and garlic.
• Roasted & Salted Peanuts by J&R Gourmet – 2 oz. – Better than any ballpark peanuts you’ve ever tasted, roasted and salted to perfection.
• Chichester Snack Mix by Merrimack Valley Snack Company – 2 oz. – A delightful snack mix comprised of crunchy pretzel nuggets, cheddar cheese crackers, and premium nuts.
• Spicy Peri Peri & Lemon Veggie Roaster by Urban Accents – 1 oz. – A spicy blend of chili pepper, lemon peel and garlic flavor.
• Touch O’Heat BBQ Sauce by Rufus Teague – 16 oz. – All natural and gluten free, this BBQ sauce is what barbeque is supposed to taste like.
• Beef & Burger Rub by Urban Accents – 1.5 oz. – Use for grilling or roasting to bring out all the juicy flavors in whatever meat you choose.
If you’re looking for a gift that any barbecue will love, this is the one.
Summer Seasonal Beer Bucket
Another perfect gift that’s right up Mr. Locke’s alley (you know him- the man loves craft beer!), the Summer Seasonal Beer Basket has six seasonal craft brews and snacks that go perfectly with the beer. Plus, all you have to do is add some ice to the metal bucket after you’ve taken the products out, pop the beer back in, and you’ve got a fun chiller.
- Fresh Slice White IPA by Otter Creek Brewing – This light IPA combines the delicate flavor of the hops with hints of spice, clementines, and Bavarian yeast.
- Summer Session Ale by Peak Organic Brewery – This citrusy, eco-friendly ale uses locally sourced wheat.
- Lemongrass Luau by Kona Brewing Company – This beer brewed with lemongrass transports anyone to the tropical Hawaiian Islands.
- Summertime Kölsch by Goose Island Beer Co. – This golden Kölsch reminds us of rich caramel, pine, and hints of sweet citrus.
- Curious Traveler Lemon Shandy by The Traveler Beer Co. – This shandy mixes lemonade with a premium beer, just like they do in Germany.
- Summerhook by Redhook Brewery – Bursting with hearty rye flavors this beer is a summertime must-have!
- Hickory Maple Bacon Kettle Corn by KingOfPOP.com – 1.8 oz. – Bacon makes everything better – and our popcorn is no exception!
- Peppered Beef Jerky by Divine Bovine – 2 oz. – Wash this peppery beef jerky down with a few swallows of your favorite summer beer.
- Chichester Snack Mix by Merrimack Valley Snack Company – 2 oz. – This delicious snack mix features crunchy cheese crackers, crispy pretzels, and salty nuts.
- Roasted & Salted Peanuts by J&R Gourmet – 2 oz. – Roasted and salted peanuts are a classic complement to any beer!
- Honey Mustard Popcorn by KingOfPOP.com – 1.1 oz. – Sharp mustard is sweetened with honey to make this crispy popcorn flavor.
Gourmet Barbecue Gift Basket Giveaway!
I’m giving away a Barbecue Boss- BBQ Gift Basket! All you have to do is use the widget below (super simple and plenty of entry options!). Beginning today, you can enter until midnight on July 7, 2016, when a winner will be chosen at random. Sorry Canadian friends, this one’s open to U.S. residents only.
Ready for summer? Please let us know in the comment section below what your favorite thing about summer is- and good luck!